NARI Code of Ethics
For the homeowner, choosing a contractor for a remodeling project is an important decision. The NARI Code of Ethics was developed to enumerate the standards of business conduct that the homeowner can expect when they choose a NARI member for their project.
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business by:
- Promoting only those products and services which are functionally and economically sound, and which are consistent with objective standards of health and safety;
- Making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer;
- Writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state and local laws;
- Promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints;
- Refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition;
- Obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state and local authorities;
- Obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state and local authorities;
- Taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors, and clients.
If you have any questions about the application of this Code of Ethics, please ask any NARI member, or contact us at 727.578.2207.
If you have a grievance with a NARI Tampa-Bay member that you would like to have investigated, contact the NARI Tampa-Bay Ethics Chair (see Committee page for a list of detailed chair information).